Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Eagle Expo

About to graduate and still don't have a job lined up? No need to stress, the Eagle Expo Career Fair is taking place tomorrow at the RAC. A lot of companies will have booths set up and can't wait to talk with you. The career fair gives rising juniors and seniors the opportunity to explore their options with regard to full-time, intership and co-op positions.


The event is hosted by Career Services and I think it is very helpful. I went to the last career fair and it was a great opportunity to get my resume out there and talk with companies that I was interested in. It really gave me a more positive outlook on life after college.


Last year approximately 100 students attended the fair to check out the wide range of career opportunities. The day after the fair, a number of organizations will be giving students the opportunity to conduct interviews with them through the Career Services Office.


Career Services offers a number of programs including Dining for Success, Life Planning Conference, and mock interviews. The website also has resume samples and many other helpful handouts. I know I wouldn't have been able to do my resume without the help of career services because I had no clue where to start, but the people in the career services office made it easy.



I think all students should take advantage of career services because the people there know what they are doing and their job is to help you find a job or internship or whatever you are looking for. Without career services, I would feel lost. If you feel lost you should check out the Eagle Expo tomorrow at the RAC from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Make sure to dress nice...you don't want to show up in jeans! Get a head start before graduation and head over to the Office of Career Services located on the first floor of the Williams Center.

No comments: